If you receive this error after powering up Eddie, follow the steps below.
If you receive this error in the middle of printing,
it probably means that Eddie needed to restart for some reason, and since it was in the middle of printing when it restarted, there was still a cookie on the platform. To continue, remove the cookie and press the Load/Unload button. In some cases, you may need to delete your job from the queue and restart your printer manually. Or try the steps in this article.
2. Make sure there is no cookie or other print object on the print platform when you switch it on.
- Remove any cookies that are on the platform/tongue.
- Remove the Milton Tray, Sprinkle Tray, Sassy Tray, or other custom tray.
- Remove any paper towels attached to the tongue.
- Remove any grip pads for the Sassy Tray.
- Delete any print jobs that are stuck in the queue. If there is a print job stuck in the queue, you'll get this error right away when you start up the printer, otherwise, you'll receive it as soon as you try to print something.
Remove the item, switch off the printer and switch it back on. If the error is still present, try these suggestions
3. Ensure the crumb catcher is installed correctly and not blocking the cookie sensor on the right side. The hooks on the back of the crumb catcher should align with the slots on the back of the printer. To test this, REMOVE the crumb catcher completely. If the error goes away, then we know the crumb catcher position is not correct when installed. If the crumb catcher is too close to the cookie sensor, it could be detected as a cookie.
4. Pull the tongue/platform out manually. If the tongue is stuck, it may not be moving properly during the initial start-up calibration. Power off the Eddie. Gently pull the tongue/platform out as far as you can. While the tongue is in that position, power on the Eddie to clear the error.
5. If direct sunlight or other bright lights shine on the cookie sensor, it may cause false error messages. Move the printer away from direct sunlight or reduce lighting.
6. Install the tinted cover.
Make sure you install the tinted cover. It helps block any excess light from affecting the cookie sensor
7. Ink overspray mist
may be interfering with the cookie size sensor. Clean the cookie sensor with a damp cloth. Also, ensure the hole for the IR light shooter on the left side is not blocked. (See image below). It may also be beneficial to clean the filters, as shown in Section 6C of the manual
. A clogged filter can cause ink overspray mist to build up more quickly.
Article ID: 032321
Smaller diameter, thin or lighter cookies do not print, the image is overlapping itself, the image is not centered, or Cookie out error. (Eddie).
The reason for this is not always related to the size but instead, it has more to do with the weight. These cookies are lighter which can allow the cookie to move slightly as it is being scanned for size. If the cookie is too small or moves during ...
The Top of Cookie Lift Offset setting explained (Eddie).
The primary purpose of the Top of Cookie Lift Offset is to make your images crisper. It is not necessarily used to prevent your print head from hitting the cookie. Dirt, debris, or ink overspray may be on your encoder strip, cookie sensor, or both. ...
Eddie Platform Kit Instructions
With the Eddie Platform Kit (SKU 053255) you can print on donuts, bagels, bars, or other larger treats! The maximum item size is 4.5” (114.3mm) wide x 8” long x 2” (50.8mm) high. The kit contains: A platform tray for items 1” (25.4mm) - 2” (50.8mm) ...
Poor Print Quality, Blurry Printing, Print Smearing, faded prints, or splotchy prints on my Cookie or Food Item. (Eddie)
1. Clean the Cartridge. Follow the procedures in this article to clean the cartridge. However, instead of using alcohol to clean the cartridge, use distilled or bottled water. TEST Prints. Print your design on a cardboard coaster or a piece of ...
The cookie does not print centered. (Eddie).
A. Try this First Your cookie MUST be touching two triangle spacers. When using the carousel, Eddie will center print images on your cookies automatically but only if your cookie is touching two triangle spacers. (round spacer on earlier models). ...