Eddie stops or pauses in the middle of printing the cookie. (Eddie)
Try the following solutions:
1. Try to print a different file or print from a different program. Sometimes a particular design can become corrupted causing it to stop in the middle of printing. Try printing something else or recreate the file you are using to print. Finally, you can try to print the same file from a different program.
2. Reduce your template size (Mac). Very large templates over 4.25" can sometimes cause printing stalls, especially on a Mac. Reduce your template/page size to 4.25" or less. On a Mac you may need to create a custom size template instead of using the built-in sizes.
3. Press the Pause button on the Eddie to resume printing. On a Mac especially, the OS will pause the print if it detects a connection issue. The print job may also be paused in the print queue on the Mac. Resume the job in the print queue. If the issue continues, try the solutions below.
4. Try a new USB cable/port. If you don't have another cable, you can borrow one from another printer to see if it helps. Try changing the port connection on the computer. Often computers will have ports on the front or back of the computer that may have different properties. Or one port may be damaged, or a connection may be corroded.
5. Adapter. (Mac) Many new Macs laptops only have USB C connectors, so you need an adapter to connect to Eddie. Sometimes the adapter is the problem. We recommend a simple 1 to 1 adapter that converts USB C to USB A receptacle. Avoid using a USB Hub with multiple ports. Recommended Example. USB C to USB A receptacle adapter
6. Try connecting to a new/different computer. Ensure the PC specs meet or exceed the following specifications.
- Windows 7,8 or 10
- For PC Pentium Dual Core processor or later. (Typically a PC from 2007 or later)
- Mac OS 10.11 or higher. (OS locks out older processors that would not be compatible)
- 8 GB of RAM
- 10 GB of free space
8. Clean the Encoder Strip. The encoder strip is a clear plastic strip with small timing marks printed on it, which tell the printer where the print head is located along the horizontal print head path. If it becomes coated with ink, it can interrupt printing activity. It is normal for ink mist overspray to build up here over time. Use this method to safely clean the strip without damaging your printer. Do not scrub the encoder strip or clean it regularly. Wait for a problem first. Follow the instructions in this video
Article ID: 081321
Smaller diameter, thin or lighter cookies do not print, the image is overlapping itself, the image is not centered, or Cookie out error. (Eddie).
The reason for this is not always related to the size but instead, it has more to do with the weight. These cookies are lighter which can allow the cookie to move slightly as it is being scanned for size. If the cookie is too small or moves during ...
Poor Print Quality, Blurry Printing, Print Smearing, faded prints, or splotchy prints on my Cookie or Food Item. (Eddie)
1. Clean the Cartridge. Follow the procedures in this article to clean the cartridge. However, instead of using alcohol to clean the cartridge, use distilled water or bottled water. 2. Clean the Wiper. Open the top lid, press and hold the Pause ...
Error Message: Trouble Finding Cookie / Remove Cookie. However, there is no cookie present on the platform. (Eddie)
Make sure there is no cookie or other print object on the print platform when you switch it on. If there is a cookie present, remove it, switch off the printer and switch it back on. If the error is still present, try these suggestions. 1. Ensure ...
What size cookies can I print to with my Eddie?
The cookie size and shape you can print depends on whether or not you are using the carousel and other settings. You have more flexibility in Manual Mode/Single Cookie mode. There are several modes available. See the specifications for each below. ...
Occasionally the cookie does not print centered. Inconsistent print start positions. (Eddie).
1. Feed/Reverse Speed. If the cookie moves during the scanning process before each print, it may not print centered. You can slow down feed and reverse speed. This will slow down the scanning processing making it less likely for the cookie to ...