Try these steps in order.
1. Install the latest version. Occasionally, the driver will be corrupted after an OS update. Download the latest version from the products download page. You can find the latest software for your product at the location noted on the blue sticker attached to your product.
2. Completely Remove and Reinstall the latest version. If you have already installed the latest version, you may need to more thoroughly remove the printer driver using the instructions in this article. 3. Install Rosetta. Rosetta is a mac software that translates Intel processor apps to Mac M1 chip architecture. Follow these detailed instructions to install Rosetta from Terminal. (1. Search for "Terminal", 2 Run this command: softwareupdate --install-rosetta 3. Agree to the license. You are done. )
4. Check your cartridge. If you are using the new Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey 2.0 drivers for the Disc Publisher SE-3, 4200 Series or LX500, please make sure you are using the following cartridges:
- 053334 (SE-3 or 4200) OK to USE
- 053374 (LX500) OK to USE
You can no longer use the 53332, 53335 or 53376 (LX500) cartridges with the new Catalina Driver.
5. Update Driver. You may need to update or reinstall your driver to the latest version if you have recently updated your Mac OS. This is especially true if you have updated from an OS before OS 10.15 Catalina. This OS and those after it require new 64-bit drivers.
The following drivers are tested and confirmed compatible with OS 10.15 Catalina, OS 11 Big Sur and OS 12 Monterey:
Article ID: 55769