What type of labels / media can I use in my LX610 to cut my own shapes?
Two types of media can be used.
1. Digital Die-Cut Labels.
If you are using the printer to digitally die-cut your own shapes and sizes only Primera label stock can be used.
This media comes from Primera with a smart chip that identifies the media, tracks the percentage remaining, and automatically sets the sensor type to continuous. You will know it is installed when you see the Digital Die-cut Media percentage in the upper right corner of PrintHub. If you do not see this indication, the digital die cutter will not be enabled and you will not be able to cut shapes. The following media types are currently available from Primera. We will be adding more as additional types are discovered, tested, and validated.
Durable Synthetic Polypropylene Media, 150 ft
Premium Gloss Paper
Premium Paper Media, 150 ft
White Gloss Magnetic Media, 100 ft
White Matte BOPP
|Durable White Matte Polypropylene Media 150 ft|
Other media cannot be used even if you take the chip from new/old Primera media for the following reasons:
- Old chips cannot be reused once they reach 0% remaining.
- Other media has liner that may be too thin. The liner on Primera media is specially created for our printer to prevent cut through to the wear strip which can damage the wear strip or break the knife.
- The dust created from cutting through the inkjet printable topcoat can be excessive on some media. This can cause frequent print cartridge clogging and other problems.
- Continous media from Primera or other label providers should not be used even if you take a chip from a new Primera roll. This media has not been tested or qualified. The liner on our standard label stock is too thin for cutting applications and it has not been tested for cut dust, cut quality or blade wear.
2. Pre Die-Cut Labels. A wide variety of pre-die-cut label stock can be used in the printer. Refer to the specifications and settings in the following sections before ordering custom stock from Primera or any stock from another company.
Ticket ID: 010721
What is Continuous Media? What is Continuous Sensor Mode (LX Label Printers)
Continuous Media is label stock that has no black mark, die-cut, or through-hole. When ordering custom label stock, you may select the continuous check box. However, this is not a typical option to select. Only the width applies to continuous ...
The smart Chip in my Primera LX610 media is defective. When inserted the media is not recognized as Digital Die-cut Media. The media feeds forward and back 12". When the print is sent, Gap Sensing Error is displayed or Non Digital Die-Cut Error message is displayed
When you insert digital die-cut media you should see an icon in the upper left corner of print-hub indicating you have Digital Die-Cut Media and a corresponding percentage remaining. If you do not see the icon make sure your media is digital die-cut ...
How do I use BarTender 2021 to add cut lines to a print template design (LX610 or Catalyst).
Within BarTender, any shape can be converted to a cutline that your LX610 or Catalyst printer can cut. You must use BarTender version 2021 Ultralite, Professional, or Enterprise. 1. Click the shape icon on the toolbar. 2. Drag the shape ...
Can I use the output cross cutter to cut the final height of my labels? (LX500, LX600, LX610, LX910, LX2000, LX3000)
Using the output cutter to cut the height of the label is not recommended. The output cutter was designed to cut a printed section of labels from the printer after it is complete. It typically cuts through liner only in the gaps between the labels. ...
How can I print circular or round labels using the LX Series Printers?
1. Design. If you are able to adjust your image design, these tips will make printing circular labels much easier. Circular labels work best when the image does not fully cover the label. However, if you must fully cover the label with ink, it is ...