Received Error Code -83 when trying to activate PTPublisher Network Edition Software -or- Zero days remaining on 30 day trial immediately after installing.
A. Make sure the PTPublisher Service is running on the server computer. To check if the service is running search for services.msc in the Windows search box. Open it. PTPublisher Service should be "started".
B. Make sure the Windows Event Log or Event Log service is running. PTPublisher depends on this service for activation of the software only. To check if the service is running search for services.msc in the Windows search box. Open it. Windows Event Log or Event Log should be "started".
C. This solution is only for a server computer connected to the Bravo running Windows 7 64 bit.
Please download the following zip file.
1. Stop the PTPublisherService on the computer connected to the Bravo via services.msc
2. Copy the filchck.dll file from the zip to C:\Program Files (x86)\Primera Technology\PTPublisherService
3. Replace the file of the same name that is currently there.
4. Install the Nalpeiron Service Utility v3.exe
5. Once installed the Nalpeiron License Service will be running.
6. Restart the PTPublisherService via services.msc
7. Make sure the Bravo is connected.
8. Open the "C:\PTPJobs\Status\PTP_Status.xml". If the service is running and sees the robot you will see many entries in this file starting with the following:
<NAME>Disc Publisher 4100 Series</NAME>
9. Finally, attempt to activate the software using the Administrator Utility. If it fails, click the manual activation arrow to see if an installation ID is present or if there is another error.Article ID: 44683