PTPublisher NE Client (Network Software) can't find the Server computer or the Bravo connected to it.
Note: PTPublisher NE is not compatible with the Bravo SE.
Check the following items:
On the Server (Computer Connected to the Bravo)
1. Make sure that the Bravo burns and prints successfully on the Server. Install all software that came with the Bravo on the server. If this works skip to number 4.
2. Make sure the Disc Publisher Driver is installed and the printer is ready. Verify that you can see ink cartridge levels. Start - Printers and Faxes - Right click on Disc Publisher - Printing Preferences - Clean Change Cartridges and Check Ink Levels.
3. Make sure you can see the CD/DVD Rom Drive in My Computer.
4. Install the PTPublisher Service on the Server.
5. There should be a "PTPJobs" folder on the root of the C Drive which is shared to "Everyone".
6. PTPublisherService.exe should be running. To check if it is running or to start it go to Start - Run - Type Services.msc in the box. A services utility will open. Find the PTPublisherService.exe on the list and make sure it is running. Note: After the service is installed it will not automatically run until you reboot. Make sure you have the latest version.
7. Disable PTBurn Service. This service runs if you have installed PTBurn SDK. It cannot be run at the same time as PTPublisher Service. To check if it is running or to start it go to Start - Run - Type Services.msc in the box. A services utility will open. Find the PTBurnService.exe on the list. If it is running, double click on it and set Startup type to Disabled. If you stop it, it will just try to restart so you must disable it.
8. Make sure the service is "seeing" the robot. Check the PTPJobs folder on the server computer. Find the Status folder. Open the PTP_Status.xml file with notepad. The first entry should list the connected robot:
<NAME>Disc Publisher XR</NAME>
If it does not list the robot, the server is encoutering a drive problem or print driver problem. To troublshoot further, download and install the latest PTPublisher client on the server computer. Disable the PTPublisherService. Now start up PTPublisher on the server. It will ask you to calibrate the drives. Follow the steps to complete this procedure. If PTPublisher opens sucessfully, close it and restart the PTPublisher Service. Recheck the status file.
On the Client
1. Install PTPublisher NE 1.2.3 or higher. Install SureThing 5.0.xxx
2. Attempt to find the shared folder on the server computer. Using My Network Places browse to the server computer name on your network and open the PTPJobs folder. You must be able to read and write to the PTPJobs folder. If you can't access the folder or if you must enter a password to access the folder, PTPublisher NE will not find the robot connected to the server. Either the folder does not have proper rights set or the user attempting to access it does not have sufficient rights.
On the Network
Here are the Requirements: TCP/IP-based Ethernet network; Active Directory or Novell domains or can use Windows workgroups; requires DNS or NetBIOS for name resolution, ICMP for connectivity and uses Windows SMB shares for receiving jobs.
In other words, PTPublisher NE must be able to Ping the server computer. Some networks have this disabled by default.
Generally, the server computer must be on the same domain as the client.Article ID: 45021