How to print Red with Eddie Edible Ink Printer.
If your Eddie is printing red that looks more orange, use these tips to get the best possible red.
- White Frosting/Icing. The color of the printing surface makes a huge difference to the quality and color accuracy of the print. The "whiter" the white, the better, since the ink is transparent and will mix with the color of your icing/frosting/fondant, etc. Avoid using Lemon Juice in your frosting since this can interact with the ink and affect all colors especially red.
- Color Matching. Set Color Matching to ICC profile 4. Also, use Quality 4 and set saturation as high as your cookie will accept.
- CMYK - HEX Color Values: Based on user input, we have found that the following color values produce the best apple or heart red color. Almost all design programs allow you to change the CMYK or HEX values if you have chosen that specific color in the application. Use these values for red when using the 53498 cartridge:
- Cyan: 19%
- Magenta: 100%
- Yellow: 87%
- R = 186
- G = 32
- B = 49
- HEX value = ba2031 or ff244f. (You can use either RGB, CMYK or Hex, depending on what is available to you in your application)
- If you are using BarTender, find the template at the bottom of this article. It includes a shape with the correct color. -OR- Right click on any object you created in BarTender, click properties - find Fill properties - click the double arrows to expand and choose the Custom Tab to set your color.
- Important Note: Not all images allow you to adjust color values. If you have a JPG image that was originally a photograph, it is not easily possible to adjust the color values of a picture of an apple. However, if the apple is an illustration or a graphic you created in a program such as Adobe Illustrator, it is easy to change the color values. Below is a screen capture of the Adobe Illustrator Color picker screen.
- Note on Food Grade Ink. The ink used is food grade which means the type of ink is limited by what is approved for consumption. The ink color choice is not the same as what is available for the dyes and pigments used in paper inkjet printers. In the US, only Red dye #3 & #40 were approved by the FDA and used in the 53498 cartridge. Using this dye, printing an image designed for a typical inkjet printer will produce an orange/red. This is why it is necessary to adjust the color values mentioned above. We are working with our chemical supplier to tweak the formula by reducing the yellow and adding more of the #40. In Europe, Red dye #3 & #40 are not approved. Instead, Carmoisine is approved in Europe and used in the 53499 cartridge. Carmoisine is not approved by the FDA for consumption.
Article ID: 012422
Can I print wirelessly to my Primera Printer? (LX3000 and Eddie)
The Eddie, LX3000 or Catalyst can be used out of the box with a USB connection or Ethernet connection. You can purchase a BrosTrend Wifi Range Extender with an Ethernet port to connect the printer to a wireless network. You can then print to it ...
Poor Print Quality, Blurry Printing, Print Smearing, faded prints, or splotchy prints on my Cookie or Food Item. (Eddie)
1. Clean the Cartridge. Follow the procedures in this article to clean the cartridge. However, instead of using alcohol to clean the cartridge, use distilled water or bottled water. 2. Clean the Wiper. Open the top lid, press and hold the Pause ...
My Eddie ink is past the best by date or is expired. Can it be replaced?
Unfortunately, Primera cannot replace Edible ink that is beyond its best by date or ink that is expired (6 months from open date). However, Primera will replace any ink cartridge that is defective: clogged or not recognized by the printer. ...
Eddie Edible Ink Compliance Information
Eddie Edible Ink Compliance Information On the page linked above you will find the latest on the following: NSF Certification USA/Canada Ink Technical Data Sheets and SDS Europe Ink Technical Data Sheets and SDS Note: Two different types of ink are ...
Occasionally the cookie does not print centered. Inconsistent print start positions. (Eddie).
Eddie will center print images on your cookies automatically. When using the carousel, Auto Centering works best on perfectly round cookies which are all the same size. If your cookies are not centered, you can adjust the print position right or ...