Can I use PTLink to print wirelessly to the IP60 from a Windows PC?
While PTLink was designed for printing via AirPrint from a iPad or iPhone it is possible to print using AirPrint from a PC. Follow these instructions:
1. Connect and install the IP60 first via USB using standard installer.
2. Open Devices and Printers and then click Add a printer:
3. Click ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’
4. Click on ‘Select a shared printer by name’ and type in: http://ptlink-xxxxxx:631/printers/PTI_Color_Photo_IP60 (Where ‘xxxxxx’ will be different for each PTLink device)
5. Select Next.
6. Select Primera Technology from the Manufacturer list and then choose IP60 Photo Version: 1.1.1 (or higher if available in the future) from the Printers list:
7. Click OK.
Please note the following:
- Driver 1.1.1 or higher needed (currently available as complete download)
- PrintHub cannot get status from the printer.
- The rip is actually happening on the Windows computer,
so your settings in Windows will be honored. This is unlike when printing through iPad/iPhone where the rip
actually happens on the PTLink device.
- Does not work on the Mac OS.