The LX3000 or Eddie can be used out of the box with a USB connection or Ethernet connection. You can purchase a Wifi Range Extender with an Ethernet port to connect the printer to a wireless network. You can then print to it from any computer connected to the same network.
The following Wifi Extenders devices have been tested and verified as compatible.
- BrosTrend AC1200 E1 (Extended Network Only*)
*Extended network only means you will need to connect computers printing to the Primera printer to the extended network created by the Wifi Extender to print.
Instructions for BrosTrend:
- Setup Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pejsx5j6LR0 (Watch to 1 minute 40 seconds for relevant information and then skip to step 6 below)
Part A: Set up the Wifi extender and connect it to the printer.
1. Connect the wifi extender to power. As soon as it is powered on for the first time, it will broadcast its own SSID network name.
2. Use your wifi connected PC or laptop to search for the BrosTrend_EXT.
3. As soon as you are connected, you will be prompted to create a password.
4. You will then be prompted to choose the network and enter the password for the network you would like to extend. This is your home or office network that the PC/Mac is connected to that you want to print to the printer from. Please note: Many offices have two separate networks for Wifi vs. wired ethernet. It is possible to connect these, but your router must be set up specifically to support that.
5. You will receive a message that your extender has been set up successfully.
6. Now connect to the extended network with your computer. (AirPrint is not yet supported) The extended network will be the same name as your regular network name with EXT at the end. Example SSID: YourNetworkName_EXT. To install the printer and print, you will always need to connect to this network. If you would like to connect to your original WiFi network, additional advanced router setup may be required. You will need to enable WiFi Mac Filter, Wifi access control, or access control list (ACL) so that your router translates the WiFi extender mac address and reserves an IP. Not all WiFi extenders have this capability.
7. Visit the device configuration page to change the mode to Bridge Mode or AP Mode. The device instructions will provide a web address to access configuration settings. You may be prompted for the password you set up in step 3. For the Brostrend adapter go to re.brostrend.com or type 192.168.0.254 in your address bar.
8. Once you have successfully changed the mode, you may now connect the Wifi extender to the LX3000 or Eddie with a standard ethernet cable (usually included with the device). You are now ready to move on to the LX3000/Eddie installation.
Part B: Install the Primera printer software from the download page.
2. If the printer is found on your network, the IP address will be displayed along with the Serial Number and Hostname. Click install to continue. (if the printer is not found, make sure your computer is on the extended network created by the WiFi extender. You may need to reset the extender and go through the setup process again)
3. Choose the type of install. If you are not sure, choose Printer Hostname. It is the recommended option. You can change it later if you delete the printer and reinstall it.
4. The printer will install. You may need to install Bonjour if it fails to install for any reason.
5. Click Install. You may continue with the rest of the installation after this point.
Article ID 111721B